The sky is the limit when planning a theme wedding. The key thing to remember is that even though it is a theme wedding, it should have all of the same basic elements of a traditional wedding. But where to start? Our check list is the first step.
- Choose Your Theme!A great theme wedding cannot start without a great theme. Start by choosing something meaningful to you. What are your interests or hobbies? Are you more serious, playful, elegant or edgy? Whatever you choose, make sure it fits your personality.
- Popular themes include beach/nautical and garden themes, romantic or Shakespearean themes and even Western-style or Renaissance themes. Cultural themes are especially popular in recent years. These include African, Hawaiian, Italian or Asian Wedding Theme. Choose Unique Wedding Favors and Invitations!
Invitations are a great place to start introducing your theme. For the Renaissance theme, an invitation with a knight in shining armor
would fit well. A garden theme invitation inset with flowers and
trees would work well for a garden wedding. Do you want a causal
beach wedding? Create fun, tropical style invitations to give
your guests a hint of what is to come.
- Continue your theme with themed wedding favors. If you and your fiancé love golf, golf ball bottle openers or a golfer's key ring might be perfect for you. You can start your search for the most unique wedding favors and bridal shower favors online.
- Choose Location and Decorations! Now that you have decided on a theme, picked out invitations and chosen favors, you can think about big items like location and decorations.
Remember, nothing is too out of the ordinary.
- Host a Camelot-themed wedding inside a romantic castle or an under the sea wedding at the local aquarium. A garden wedding would be perfect in a tranquil wooded setting.
- When decorating for your Renaissance wedding, you can use flowers, balloons, garlands, streamers, posters and other items to help transform your site into the fairytale you are creating for your guests.
- Think about popular motifs for your theme. Beach balls indicate a fun beach wedding, while a saddle and bales of hay would be perfect for a Western-themed wedding. Whatever you choose, there are great places where you can either rent or purchase everything from decorations to props and costumes.
- Choose the Music, Food and Dance! What better way to carry out your theme than through the right choice of music. This is especially true for cultural weddings where African music or an Italian dance can set the mood and make all the difference.
- Do some research to find the right type of music or take dance classes to learn the proper waltz technique for a royal wedding. Through your research, you may find other great ideas for details to make your themed event a spectacular one.