- STYROFOAM* Brand Products: Balls, 2” and 2-1/2”
- Teacup, with or without saucer
- Silk flowers: assorted roses, gyp, and others to match teapot (model used approximately 2-1/2 dozen 1” roses)
- Silk flower stem, 7” length (model used lilac stem)
- Ribbon: 1/2” x 1 yd each of wine, pink and white
- Floral wire, 3”, cloth-covered
- Spanish moss, handful
- Green moss
- Wire cutters
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
(Note: As you shop flea markets and tag sales for vintage teacups, feel free to creatively mix and match flowers and ribbons to coordinate with your finds.)
1. Insert and glue one end of silk flower stem 2” deep in 2” ball; repeat for other end, inserting it 2” deep into 2-1/2” ball.2. Glue Spanish moss on 2” foam ball, lightly covering entire ball.
3. Cut flowers from stems. Arrange and glue flowers over moss, covering ball.4. Make a six-loop bow from each length of ribbon; secure with wire. Wire each bow to the topiary stem, under center front of ball; glue in place.
5. Place 2-1/2” ball in cup; if needed flatten sides to fit. Glue in place.6. Cover foam base with green moss.