Whether you all fly to a tropical destination, or simply hold a small service on a local beach, you can create a romantic and casually elegant wedding. For the most part, beach weddings are casual and carefree where you can attend your own wedding barefoot or in sandals. Some quick ideas are:
- For small weddings you may pass out invitations rolled up in a small corked bottle which you can find at a craft store.
- You and your partner may consider wearing simple, all-white attire while the wedding party (even just a party of two) chooses a theme color to compliment (or even) Hawaiian Shirts for the men and sundresses or sarongs for the bridesmaids.
- A breezy summer dress, loose hair and a simple bouquet for the bride and a groom's outfit of a white cotton shirt and pants sets off the freshness of a beach wedding.
- If the wedding or reception occurs near dusk, bring small glass tealight holders to place in the sand. Sprinkle the table with seashells or beach rocks to add romance to the occastion. White table cloths and white china with glass or crystal creates an elegant mood, while fiesta bright colors can set off a more playful decor.
- For flowers, think of tropical arrangements or even all white lilies in unstructured bouquets. Adding tropical plants to an indoor reception along with bamboo or rattan seating will carry the theme throughout.
- And of course, seashells.... place them anywhere for decor.
NEW! Handmade Seashell Bouquet
A beautiful accent for your beach wedding. Approx 8" diameter. Very heavy due to weight of seashells.
Siesta Beach Short Informal Beach Wedding Dress
Criss cross empire waist informal beach wedding dress with flowy, tapered skirt. Made with gauzy jacquard polka dotted silk fabric. Perfect for the beach with a haku lei! Shown here with our Premium Handmade Bride's Haku Lei. Runs a little small; we suggest getting one size larger than you usually wear. Detachable sash. Shown here without sash.
NEW! Princess Kamamalu Hawaiian Beach Wedding Dress - Laua`e Collection
Princess Kamamalu Hawaiian Wedding Dress is one of our new favorites! Gathered empire waist with halter top secured at nape of neck with two coconut buttons. Extremely flattering for any figure and very comfortable with a tapered a-line skirt. Made in Hawaii
White Seashell Choker and Earrings Set
Earrings are clip-on
Marilyn Monroe Halter Beach Wedding Dress
This backless halter dress is defiantly sexy! Of course, what else would you expect from starlet Marilyn Monroe? This decidedly untraditional beach wedding dress is a replica of that ever-so-famous white dress, complete with full skirt and criss-crossing belt. Falls from just below the knee to mid-calf length (depending on your body proportions) and made of beautifully draping crepe. A beautiful informal wedding gown. Made in Hawaii
Tropical Wedding Veil
This beautiful handmade silk orchid veil is the perfect accessory for your beach wedding dress.