Create Delicious Candied flowers
Petals from any edible flower (These flowrs may be safely eaten and are suggested for this recipe: Pansy, violet, rose, nasturtium, gladiola, carnation, dianthus, calendula, squash blossom, lilac, marigold, dandelion, peach blossom, plum blossom, orange blossom, hibiscus, geranium, bachelor button, snapdragon, jasmine, gardenia, and angelica.)
- Several well-beaten egg whites
- Vanilla extract
- Bowl of granulated sugar
- Mix a few drops of vanilla into the egg whites.
- Dip a paintbrush in the egg whites and coat the petals.
- Dip petals into sugar until coated, then spread on wax paper to dry.
- Use to decorate cakes, cookies or anything else you like.
**You cannot use flowers bought at a florist for this recipe!! Many commercially-bought flowers contain pesticides and it is not worth it to ingest poison. Please obtain all flowers from organic retailers or from home-grown sources.**
.... or you be like me and buy them : )